Thursday, January 7, 2010

Standby Power Generators Should I Buy A Home Standby Generator?

Should I buy a home standby generator? - standby power generators

I live 30 miles east of Seattle, in an area, often without electricity. Until this year, cuts were less than 48 hours, but this year we had several interruptions, one of which lasted 6 days after a storm of wind stronger than usual. I struggled to find another place. I have several days of work, all the food in the refrigerator and freezer. At which point it is advisable to just install a standby generator?

5 comments:

ec1177 said...

They are really worth. If you put the money into an automatic. If you interfere with natural gas or propane fuel to avoid it with gasoline or diesel.

I live in the city, but still an essence of 5000 watts, I can at the stove, a few lights and freezing. We had power out for about 14 hours during a snowstorm and it worked very well. but I had to keep feeding every 5 hours or less.

Tropical Weasel said...

I bought a long time.

brian d said...

If you can afford and maintain.

hoverlov... said...

You really should install a generator. I think that power outages have worsened and become more frequent. To calm from the generator will receive a little. I want to make sure you get enough energy, so you can run a heat source and if you also water, enough to feed to win. $ 500 to buy a generator of 5000 watts.

Warren91... said...

I decided to have a portable generator with manual transfer panel, while my new house was under construction. It uses a deep well for water and no electricity, we can not even empty the toilet! Within three months there have been moves in an interval of 16 hours after a snowstorm. Then a hurricane hit hard for several days. Otherwise, the power is relatively reliable. However, I do not want to even without the new generator. It is a very good rest and money well spent. I do not have to worry about my family, that it is not cold and to eat. If you need to ask themselves the question, it is time to do something for the backup power to.

Read more about the installation of the generator, safety tips, and therefore also on my website.
http://members.rennlist.org/warren/gener ...

Post a Comment